Tuesday 17 May 2016

WWWow! Carte Blanche!!!

Cor blimey, you know I loves a good old challenge theme and this month, over at the Creative Carte Blanche blog, Cheryl has set a grand prompt for us all.... to use something Wild, a Word and some Wood!   This one certainly got me all of a dither and I decided immediately to not go down the usual route of a wooden thing to alter but instead to decorate a wooden thing.... and then I completely got sidetracked after rummaging in the Room of Stash and remembering this old wooden spool that a friend gave to me yonks ago.  It has, to be honest, been sitting folornly gathering dust on a shelf, so I took it down, blew on it (rids the fruzzins and dusty bits, that does) and set about scavenging in the garden for something wild.



I have some ok, lots of hardy fuchsias and they needed a tidy up so I gathered together some of the twiggy bits and the idea formed to bung them into the spool.  A passing pigeon obligingly dropped a few feathers on the lawn so I nabbed those up too and popped those into the middle of the spool too. 



I didn't want heavy decorations so I decided on acetate butterflies, perched lightly on the twiggy bits (with the aid of hot glue, I hasten to add) and I added some resin blooms for a splash of colour along with a Word Band to.... add my word!  Voila, done... and whilst the photo's are a bit dodgy, it does look really pretty and delicate in real life.  One of these days I shall get myself a decent photo... until that time I shall keep trying! 


To join in the fun, CLICK HERE and you will be whisked off to the Creative Carte Blanche blog and you'll be able to see how to join in, where to upload your entry and also, do take a cuppa and a HobNob as you will be wanting to feast your eyes upon the gorgeousness that my teamies have been making this month too.


I shall away now... busy, busy, busy this week... I have news, verrrrry exciting news... all will be revealed very soon... watch this space ;o))   Thanks for looking... TTFN!

Hels x

11 comments:

Joanne said...

You 'mad' (X) treasure, this is just so funny, beautiful, creative, clever and appealing. More of this fun please. Xx

Jane Royston said...

Love this! Jane :) X

Redanne said...

Oh wow Hels, this is gorgeousness! The acetate butterflies are so pretty and I love the delicate colour of the ribbon on the spool. Totally and seriously beautiful! Hugs, Anne xx

rachel said...

so very pretty Hels - absolutely adore this - the colours and the natural feel - fabulous xx

Cheryl Grigsby said...

Lovely, lovely. I love that you went to your garden to find earthy bits for your art. The acetate butterflies are so light and flighty, they are a brilliant element that really makes the whole piece. Love this, love you, love everything you create. <3

Helen said...

Love how you think outside the square - Looks very chic!

CastleKelly Crafts said...

I love decorated wooden spools Hels and this is so beautiful and delicate. The feathers add that special floatiness to the whole project, it's really gorgeous X

Craftychris said...

This is fabulous and so unique! I have still to do my entry! xxx

Candy C said...

Hels, I LOVE THIS piece!!! Is is so clever and beautifully done! I love that you used a wooden spool as your base. The feathers and the sticks give such a natural feel to this piece and make it so delicate. Your little butterflies are so so sweet! <3

Annette Green said...

Sorry I'm so late in visiting here Hels. Your spool is so sweet! I love the bits of wild with the soft beautiful feel of this display piece.

Claudia N. said...

This is so up my alley! LOVE this to bits as it is nature poetry at its best, Hels! Thanks for the fantastic inspiration!
Claudia x

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails